Tuesday, April 5, 2011

SECRETS OF A NYC STYLE GURU

I know a woman as stylish as Audrey....

Anyway, my friend, the divine Ms C is a high falluter in the fashion biz. She always looks amazing. Having a drink with her last night, I admired her dress - a short, navy jersey number, sleeveless with a sort of tie/bow on the shoulder, simple but gorgeous. 'How do you find time to shop for the right clothes, O stylish one?' I asked. 'And how do you match it all together,  moving seamlessly from one season to the next, dallying with all the designers without offending any of them? How, how, HOW?'

'Simple' she said, 'I don't shop. I have a little man - an ex-design house technician - who makes all my clothes. He makes me three styles of dress in four colours, jackets, skirts, shirts everything. Then, do you know Uniglo?'
'Yes' I said, tearfully by now as I KNEW SHOPPING FOR THE RIGHT CLOTHES CONSTANTLY IS IMPOSSIBLE AND DOES YOUR FREAKING HEAD AND WALLET IN AND THAT THOSE TRULY IN THE FASHION 'KNOW' NEVER, EVER DO IT....
'Well,' says my friend 'He gets me all my cashmere from there, such great value. He's not cheap, he makes my clothes very well, from great fabrics, but it's not like shopping designer retail.'

OMG. That's the way forward for me. Not that I need a working wardrobe like Ms C but I do spend too much time and money looking for the right, knee-length, covered up dress. Thank you design label Tucker by the way for recently producing the Dress That Saved My Life.  Oops, anyway, back to my friend. She splashes out on the latest bags & 'statement' jewelry pieces, but she leaves the foraging through Barneys to the sad & desperate like yours truly.

Well noddanymore designer rip off clothing stores, noddanymore!!

No comments:

Post a Comment