Tuesday, May 24, 2011

A little bit country...


Heaven in Connecticut...

This is our weekend place. The snow has gone and I can't wait for the long weekend coming up. It's lovely to escape Gotham for a couple of days and then drive back to the city, over the Harlem Bridge and down the West Side Highway past the GW Bridge.

In the Country, I listen to Country Hits and talk with a twang. When we're up there I pretend we're in the backwoods and call my husband 'Earl'. My kids are Big Junior and Little Junior and we just constantly set fire to everything to try and keep warm.  Earl has now bought us a giant pick-up truck, his dream vehicle. It has 'Metal Mulisha' written across the back of the cab and when I drive it....well I can't drive it, I am too embarrassed.  I will get over myself eventually and by July, you'll find me rattling along them country lanes singin' my heart out to Tim McGraw and the Dixies... ....

No comments:

Post a Comment