Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Hair, hair, hair


LOVE these happy hairy herbals!

New York City living demands constant attention to your hair. My old, every-other-day hairwashing routine gets stepped up to every day most weeks. Well, the increased focus on my head began to give me the hair-thinning-wibbles. Last September I seemed to be losing masses of the stuff in the shower every day and I went into a tailspin panic.

What to do? I tried the conventional, massively expensive, famous trichologist route. They sold me tons of pricey, time-consuming, greasy, stinky products BUT gave me one golden piece of info. My hair was not, (touch wood, please GODDESS!) falling out, but the individual hairs were just getting a bit thinner with the passing of time. Also, like all animals, we shed more of our fur according to the seasons, summer is warm, right?

Back home, 24 hours with the hair products was enough to discover I was never going to use them. The trichys give you lots to faff around with to psyche you into thinking it works, I reckon. My hair was floppy and greasy and everyone kept asking what the smell was.  So I turned to the internet and found these herby capsules. The active ingredient I think is biotin but unlike biotin in it's pure form (which upsets my stomach) this is mixed in with other stuff.  The suggested dose is 3 capsules a day which felt a bit excessive so I take 2. Now 5 months later, I can't say for sure that my hair is thicker but I've been steadily losing less. I'm hanging on to what I've got and it definitely looks thicker around the roots and hair line. My nearest and dearest swore they couldn't see my scalp through my parting before but I couldn't go with a centre parting, which I can now.

I think you're supposed to take them for six months or so to see full benefits but I've noticed my nails are stronger too.

Just thought I'd share that with y'all and SORRY for not posting last week. My lovely mate EBW and her fab kids were visiting, SO lovely to see her!

No comments:

Post a Comment