Thursday, November 24, 2011

VERUSCHKA


This is a favourite pic of model Veruschka from the late 60s.  I love wintery glamour, everyone looks gorgeous in crispy weather and Thanksgiving Day in the USA is officially the start of winter. Even though I don't resemble Veruschka in any way and have no garments that faintly resemble the thing she is wrapped in, this is the image I will be mentally channeling this winter.  I might pop to the mini-mart in my late-night tracky and Uggs, but in my head I'll be looking like the above pic. Here's to an ultra-glam winter....x

PS: Looking forward to foraging in the local vintage stores for some Veruschka-inspiration this weekend. Our village in Connecticut has an amazing store, Grape In The Shade, where costume folk from Sex and the City and Mad Men seek inspiration and where you can buy original Halston for nowhere near city prices. There are gorgeous stores dotted all over the district with the most amazing stuff..so I'm starting my xmas shopping now. 

No comments:

Post a Comment