Monday, January 24, 2011

YELLOW CAB CONSIPIRACY?

Chilly Billy!

Gosh but it's cold here in NYC. Today had crystal clear blue skies and the most icy cold I've ever known. It was the coldest day in the city for two years and out of the sunshine the cold felt a little scary. My eyes and nose hurt as I walked up Broadway. In fact, it's so cold that both my boys are going to school in coats! No hats or gloves of course. I keep saying we're level with Moscow on a world map but it doesn't seem to make much difference to them.

In the cold, the streets are much quieter - people seem to stay indoors. Why then, did my taxi today get into a traffic jam? I don't know because the streets were empty but for the route we took. It was a short cab ride between two locations downtown but I am convinced that, just like some of the contestants on Bridalplasty, the cab drivers are working together against the rest of us. Why? Because no matter when you get into a yellow cab, no matter where, you get into a jam. Do they have a secret code? Maybe all yellow cabs are fitted with other-traffic homing devices. Call me a conspiracy theorist but I'm convinced! I hate cabs anyway, they make me sooooo car-sick, twice as bad in this weather as opening the window is non-negotiable. The subway is warm and smooth so if you're coming here soon, get a map and stay underground....

No comments:

Post a Comment