Tuesday, September 13, 2011

24 Minute Party People

Instead of posting a picture of my son's leg it's best for all of us if we move swiftly on. After spending yesterday finding him at school, going to the doctor's, the blood lab, the pharmacy, back to the pharmacy, back to school...I was exhausted. He's fine and the Thing is healing nicely now thanx to tons of antibiotics which I know my best friend Jane WK would not approve of but let's all move into the 21st Century shall WE?

SO, I'm staying in again tonight with the TV - not so different from going out in NYC.  'Why?' You ask and I'll tell you. A typical night out for me happened a few days ago and it went like this:

4.30 pm: Shower and shave (my legs you numpties )
4.40 pm: Facial massage (DIY, gets rid of bags and lumps)
5.00.pm: Blow-dry and make-up using only the finest ingredients
6.00pm: Dress and accessorize then remove half
6.15.pm: Argue with children over take-out food (they must eat the spagbol I have also, by the way, prepared) and do homework. They don't want to.
6.22.pm: Get in taxi
6.45pm: Arrive at party, smoke fag on pavement.
6.50.pm: Enter party, shake hands and kiss relevant folk, have picture taken with celebrity and other guests, see a lovely friend and her daughter, talk to them, meet some VIP PRs, scream that I am English and MUST HAVE A DRINK (it's a fashion party so there is barely a drop of drink or a scrap of food, no-one seems bothered anyway). Drink the drink.
7.15.pm: Leave in taxi
8.pm: Arrive back home, argue over homework with children, assume horizontal position on sofa with take-out sushi

And that, my friends is a pretty typical New York night out. The point is to see and be seen, touch face with the relevant/right people, try and get some kind of photographic evidence you did this, then move on. In my case it was home to chivvy teens but it could have been dinner somewhere exotic (only very occasionally thanx to TightWad husband and dirth of good, fun-primed-pals) or possibly another party.

Hi diddle di-dhum!

No comments:

Post a Comment