Friday, September 16, 2011

BRECADENCE & A TOUCH OF MAD MEN


Ordering in a take out breakfast has got to be one of the very best things about living in NYC.  It seems like the height of decadence to many Brits who live here but it's a local tradition I've been happy to embrace. My husband doesn't know this. We have neighbours on the 7th floor who he calls 'The people who order in breakfast'. She's in showbiz......ANYWAY, he has no idea that I too, love an order-in brekky.  Especially after staying up too late the night before carousing with Upper West Side Jewish Lesbians. (Their title for themselves, not mine).

Incidentally, I went out with a group of local pals who took me to the most fabulous NY resto I have ever been in, five blocks from our apt. It's called Ouest and Mad Men episodes have been filmed there...glorious wood, red leather booths and 50s lights. The place has the kind of old-world NY ambience it is so hard to find, just fabulous.  Can't believe I've never been...my husband takes out of towners there, now I know why he drags all those Italians and Aussies uptown. The only flaw - patrons can't smoke. In my opinion,  a smoky atmosphere would seal the deal. Unlike in Moscow, where smoking is compulsory everywhere. We went there in the summer...I didn't want to smoke that much in fact but all that smokey ambience everywhere was very cool. Actually I hated Moscow but more of that another time.

Meanwhile, the dog is going to the grooming salon for the first time today. She will hate it but she has rolled in the shite of a woodland creature in the park this morning so she must suffer.  She is such a dirty bitch!! The stink is overwhelming and we made the elevator uninhabitable for a half hour when we returned to the apartment, according to the doorman. Here's a pic of her, I won't let her leave her bed until we go out, STINKY COW!




Today it's glam, order-in brekkies one minute, stinking pooh dogs the next, sort of like life.



No comments:

Post a Comment