Monday, September 12, 2011

EMERGENCY!


So this morning I'm thinking: 'Just get to school, off you go, yes bye bye' etc while planning a back-to-life day for myself.

At the last minute, as he's about to leave my eldest says "Mum, I've got something on my leg".  Bearing in mind he has had all weekend and in fact, the rest of his previous life to show me the Thing on his Leg, I bite this info back and try to be patient and calm as I take a look. When I see the Thing though, I scream that he is now like Henry VIII and a fat lot of good his leg boil did him. My boys are so well-versed in Tudor history that they know all about KH8's superating leg ulcer. Indeed, it was Katharine Parr's ability to soothe and remove the pain of it that got her down the aisle, apparently. Anyway, my boy has something big, blacky-red and poisonous on his shin. He wanted to go to school as much as I wanted him to go, so after dowsing the Thing in iodine and covering with a big band aid, I sent him off.

Ever since (5 hours ago) the Thing has haunted me. I told a dogwalking pal about it, a highly sensible career women whose life is a monument to Good Decisions, she said "Get him to the doctor, things like bites or nastiness can be worse here, especially if it's a bite from the country". So, ever since I've been phoning the school  nurse, the school, him and our doc. The day has turned out to be all about the Thing and it's not over yet. I still haven't spoken to my son, but I'm about to go off to the East Side and find him. We will then go to the dox, I will then go off to the chemist for the big prescription thing. He will have to come with me, in order to get some drugs down him......

So no novel writing today. Watch this space for a photo of the Thing, coming up tomoz xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment