Tuesday, February 14, 2012

FASHION FACE



Here I am, top of this pic, having an attack of Fashion Face

I started out as a fashion assistant on a now defunkt magazine. Editing became my schtick but I've been to the odd fashion show in London, Paris and New York through the years. At aforementioned shows I perfected my Fashion Face.  I learned from the best, having always sat either well behind or opposite (not alongside or too close to backs of heads) the fashiony A list, thus giving me the perfect view of them as well as the clothes. At a fashion show, as in so many other situations in life,  composing one's face into the appropriate expression is what it's all about. 

Yesterday I beetled down to the NY shows and honestly, I had forgotten what it was like. Packed and hot,  teaming with students and interns.  There is even a transvestite ballerina this year who I keep seeing outside the Lincoln Center. It can't be easy. After sitting through Reem Acra's infinitely gorgeous, wearable - and I stress that word - collection,  'twas enough for me.  I learned once more that perfecting a relaxed, nonchalant facial expression is my life's goal and I am not there yet. 

Grabbing the nearest gals I hotfooted it off to the Mandarin Cocktail bar at 4pm and managed to get a Mojito and a Margarita down my neck,  then home before 6.  Now that's what I call fashion. 

No comments:

Post a Comment