Saturday, February 11, 2012

MADONNA NO-MATES?



MADONNA - she looks gorgeous in this pic from a few years ago. The thing that keeps her looking so hot is her jawline. Chiselled, defined and strong. Only the very best surgery can maintain this after a certain age. Look at pictures of Madge when she was younger and her chin is just small and sweet. She has had something fabulous done and if I had the money, connections, knew who did it and er, was not terrified of all hospital procedures along with my new, New York needle phobia - I would have it done too. Since I came to NYC, needles and probes have plagued me. You cannot go for any kind of health checkup without some kind of unpleasant, body invasion that leaves you (or rather, me but I'm not comfortable with 'one) feeling a bit shocked and in need of ibuprofen. This is why, contrary to what a lot of people think, I've never had anything 'done' as they say. However, when you live abroad, flit in and out, only see folk briefly when you're done up to the nines I can see how those folk might imagine, due to all the makeup and Clarins wrinkle filler, you have been done. Have not.

Well look, back to Madonna. She strikes me as a person who is unencumbered by female friends. I can see how this could be a very efficient and free way to live. Often, the sign of a very successful American woman is no female friends. They claim to have lots of them but in fact they never give a second thought to the feelings and views of other people, particularly women. Other People, unless it is their children, simply do not factor in. Women like Madonna pay lipservice to female friends and even give them a wee bit of time but ultimately, Madonna and co are moving through this world alone, free and un-inhibited by the prospect of EVER possibly offending someone. Any woman who has offended hoardes of female friends and particularly friends of close friends through the years,  might think there is something to this Madge philosophy. 

No comments:

Post a Comment