Wednesday, December 15, 2010

F-F-F-FROZEN FOUNTAIN


How we all chuckled at this frozen fountain we found in Milwaukee at Thanksgiving. Determined to visit all our American rellies, we had a lovely time seeing my twin cousins plus partners, babies, aunties and uncles in this bizarre, mid-west city. The streets are completely empty, except for frozen fountains or lonely, dead leaves. Post-apocalyptic, without the apocalypse. Milwaukee has a population but no-one seems to know where they are. It's too long and boring to explain how my family ended up there but they live close by Lake Michigan in a surprisingly gorgeous spot. Since going to Milwaukee, my boys have noticed how it pops up constantly in their favourite cartoons whenever a Last Place On Earth spot is needed.
We came back to NY and then I travelled to the UK to see friends and talk about a JOB. I know, don't worry, I didn't get it. The crazy, Dr No billionaire I had to impress took one look at my slightly ordinary countenance and sent me packing. It was a bizarre experience but looking at the above pic reminds me of how grateful I am to have what I've got. It's bluddy fffffreezing today in NYC but we are lucky enough to live in a warm place with stuff to eat and each other to love. I can't think of anything better.

No comments:

Post a Comment