Wednesday, February 9, 2011

NICE CUP OF JOE


The perfect Capuccino:  industrial strength brew seething beneath a frothy top

Coffee is such a way of life in the USA that I can't understand why it is so hard to find the perfect capuccino. There are two nice ladies at my local Hot n Crusty. One makes a perfect cappy, the other does not. After months of describing to Bad Capuccino Lady (BCL) how to make it, she has now got it. In that, she always hands me over to Good Capuccino Lady (GCL). There is no ill feeling involved and I never actually returned a cup or even complained, BCL just read my subtle, psychic signals. So now, if I get to the till and it's her turn to serve me, we pass on to the next customer in the queue, while I wait for GCL. This suits everyone, no-one is offended and I am getting the great cup of morning Joe I so richly deserve after two hours of teen-waking, dog-walking and international phonecalling trauma.

I'm going to a lunch today that I can't possibly discuss. Half of my life must remain schtum but look for a novel in about twenty years time by Montana Los Angeles Moonstone-John and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment