Wednesday, February 9, 2011

TARGET YAY! (and Kanye West)


Maxine and I are going on Friday!

I get more excited about a trip to Target than anywhere else I ever go in NY. That's because I hardly ever go. I went once about this time last year to the Bronx branch by Yankee Stadium. Our car was new at the time. The men in the garage where we keep it started it for me, and following the sat-nav I made it through the mean streets to  Target. When I came out again I couldn't start it. I had to phone the fella who was at that time in Mexico, for instructions. It was dark and lonely in the Target multi-storey carpark and unable to start my brand new vehicle and it's fair to say I panicked. It put me off going for a while, despite the treasures to be found inside the big 'T'. I went to a CT branch with TheWomensRoom and F in the summer but I have not been since.

However, I am planning a trip this Friday morning. After putting out an APB I've found one accomplice and we'll be pushing our trolleys round on the big F to the R to the I to the D to the A to the Y!  Can't wait to get my hands on some $14.99 table lamps,  $1 tea-towels and teen-man-clothing. If you want Aeropostale/Polo-Rugby/Hilfiger buy it yourselves lads, Mummy's off to Target!  Will try and snap a little pic to post of us on our trip and will report back on all the fantabulous bargains we find. Yay, Target!



KANYE


No-one causes more arguments in our house than Kanye West.

I.e I will overhear some rude words on musical equipment and ask my sons 'What's that vulgar nonsense?' One or the other will always answer 'Kanye'. Or, weekends, late night we'll be awoken by the slamming of the front door, then the pumping thud of you-know-who once more.

After the Taylor Swift thing I banged on about him quite a lot. Still do refer to this outrageous incident when I'm discussing SEXISM because that's what it was. KW felt that just being a big, noisy MAN gave him the right to scare Taylor into shutting up and handing over her award. I love Beyonce but for all her Single Ladies talk I believe she's a Man's Woman in a worrying way.  Oh anyway look, this is all just my opinion. BUT in the interests of interest I gave KW's Dark Fantasy a listen. Now I'm badly, sadly hooked. It's not for me, it's just not but it IS brilliant. Which leads to more tension at home, i.e: 'Don't even discuss it with me, Mum. I don't care what you think and don't want to talk about him with you EVER AGAIN etc, etc'.

 OK. Will now back out of teen's music life for good as it gets me nowhere. I know you're supposed to hate their stuff. The image of my Dad, while TOTP was on, asking if the legendary and badly under-valued Brian Connolly of Sweet was a boy or a girl cemented Brian in my estimation for ever. While there is no doubt about KW's sexuality, I'm officially backing off. Except to simply say that although his new album with Jay Z (named something like 'Our Throne') will be super-duper, it will also be Heavy Weather. I mean, modesty's not their thing is it? No reason why it should be, they are super rich squillionaires and charitable too, I'm just saying, ok?

No comments:

Post a Comment